Our event is split into two days. Day 1 is seminar-based dedicated to the dissemination of research findings, and Day 2 is workshop-based, focussing on research skills and techniques.
We have included a bulletpoint list of our confirmed topics and speakers (with session titles and descriptions still to be confirmed).
Day 1 - Conference - Wednesday 4th December
Registration at 10am, the plenary at 10:45am and closing at 5:30pm.
- Plenary - plenary by Dr David Llewellyn - Vice-Chancellor, Harper Adams University
- University Market Insight Awards presentation & Delivering Research with Institutional Impact: Dissemination of Awards Case Studies
- International student decision making and insight - Paul Raybould - Director of Marketing and Market Intelligence, QS
- TBC - Janet Latham, The Knowledge Partnership
- TBC - Brendan Fawcett - Head of Planning, University of Northampton
- 10 Unexpected Ways Generation Z is Changing the World - Andreanne Orsier, Youthsight
- End of cycle picture - Sarah Barr-Miller - Head of Insight Sales, UCAS
- Global Overview of the International HE Landscape - Vicky Lewis & Janet Ilieva - independent consultants - Vicky Lewis Consulting & Education Insight
- Problems and solutions within your institution: a facilitated networking session
Day 2 - Academy - Thursday 5th December
Registration at 9am, first workshops at 9:30am and closing at 4:15pm.
- Process mapping for better university services - Sam Uzzell - Head of Market Insight and Data, University of Surrey
- Data visualisation - Dan Isaac - Business Intelligence Officer (& Data Visualisation Specialist), University of Exeter
- Course portfolio management (featuring case study from Mark Skippen - Head of Market Intelligence, Swansea University) - Dave Roberts & Adam Cresswell, The Knowledge Partnership
- Key Driver Analysis - TBC
- Data issues in HE - Andy Youell - Writer, Speaker & Strategic Data Advisor
- Distance and Transnational Education - where is it going and the implications for strategy - Katherine Bull - Head of Strategic Market Insight and Planning, University of London Worldwide
- Course costing - Andrew Bush - Director (Higher Education Internal Audit and Advisory lead) & Sam Sanders - Director (Advisory Lead for Higher Education), KPMG; & Dave Roberts, The Knowledge Partnership