Our event is split into two days. Day 1 is seminar-based dedicated to the dissemination of research findings, and Day 2 is workshop-based, focussing on research skills and techniques.
We have included a bulletpoint list of our confirmed topics and speakers (with session titles and descriptions still to be confirmed).
Day 1 - Conference - Wednesday 4th December
Registration at 10am, the plenary at 10:45am and closing at 5:30pm.
- Plenary - plenary by Dr David Llewellyn - Vice-Chancellor, Harper Adams University
- University Market Insight Awards Presentation & Delivering Research with Institutional Impact: Dissemination of Awards Case Studies
- International Student Decision Making and Insight - Paul Raybould - Director of Marketing and Market Intelligence, QS
- Lessons from a Smart Campus - Brendan Fawcett - Head of Planning, University of Northampton
- 10 Unexpected Ways Generation Z is Changing the World - Josephine Hansom, Youthsight
- Analysing the 2019 Cycle and Changing Learner Behaviours - Sarah Barr-Miller - Head of Insight Sales, UCAS
- The International HE Landscape: Latest Insights - Dr Vicky Lewis & Dr Janet Ilieva - independent consultants - Vicky Lewis Consulting & Education Insight
- Problems and Solutions Within Your Institution: A Facilitated Networking Session
Day 2 - Academy - Thursday 5th December
Registration at 9am, first workshops at 9:30am and closing at 4:15pm.
- Process Improvements - Using Your Research Skills to Fix Internal Processes- Sam Uzzell - Head of Market Insight and Data, University of Surrey
- Data Visualisation: How to Effectively Communicate With Your Data - Dan Isaac - Business Intelligence Officer & Data Visualisation Specialist, University of Exeter
- Course Portfolio Management: Issues, Concepts and Techniques (featuring case study from Mark Skippen - Head of Market Intelligence, Swansea University) - Dave Roberts & Adam Cresswell, The Knowledge Partnership
- Key Driver Analysis - Jane Powell, Managing Director, Shift Learning
- I'm a Data Professional, Get Me Out of Here! - Andy Youell - Writer, Speaker & Strategic Data Advisor
- Online and Transnational Education - Where is it Going and the Implications for Strategy - Katherine Bull - Head of Strategic Market Insight and Planning, University of London Worldwide
- Course Costing and Portfolio Efficiency - Andrew Bush - Director (Higher Education Internal Audit and Advisory lead), KPMG