The Knowledge Partnership, TKP (theknowledgepartnership.com), is a leading higher education agency, which also delivers The World 100 Reputation Network for top global universities. Recently acquired by THE, Times Higher Education, the global insight and data company, we are now growing our business rapidly both within the UK and globally.
TKP works with a wide range of universities in the UK and globally delivering research insights around student markets, course and portfolio development, reputation and strategy. We have built a strong profile as an industry leader, helping universities to achieve strategic goals.
We are seeking a confident senior career professional to head up our Leeds team focused on delivering insights around courses and student markets. You may have a commercial or agency research or HE background and/or a university experience in a relevant field such as market insight, strategic planning, student recruitment, and marketing. You will be expected to spend at least three days a week in our central Leeds office (Covid permitting), whilst working closely with colleagues in London.
The key qualities we are seeing are:
- Well networked in higher education
- Research skills – experience delivery evidence-based insight
- Presentation skills – a good communicator and able to understand work from a client perspective and present to teams and conference audiences
- Management – experience of managing a team and working collaboratively and supportively with colleagues
- Thought leadership – able to convince others of new directions and ideas
- Business development – experience in winning projects and growing the business
- Focused – able to work to tight client deadlines and keep a team on schedule whilst maintaining quality control
As a company we are committed to promoting equality and diversity. We have an active CSR and environmental commitment and wish to encourage applications from diverse backgrounds and different cultures.
For further information on the role including details of how to apply, please click here. We also welcome informal discussions about the role first. To apply, please send your CV and a letter explaining your suitability for the role to: L.Simpson@theknowledgepartnership.com
TKP has 16 staff across two divisions, whilst the total THE team numbers just under 200 (including TKP).
Our Courses and Student Markets team mainly focuses on UK consulting around courses and student markets, whilst our World 100 & Reputation team focuses on reputation and international consultancy.
The Leeds team works in its own office in central Leeds, a 10 minute walk from Leeds train station. The World 100 team works from THE’s office in central London at Red Lion Square. Post Covid, the intention is to offer a blend of office and home working (tbc, three days a week in the office, two days from home).
- Line manage the Courses and Student Markets team in Leeds (10 staff plus around 5 temps). Responsible for recruitment, coaching, training and developing skillsets and experience to ensure business can sustain and grow and provide fulfilling careers for team members including new graduates to senior professionals (10+ years’ experience.)
- Develop and grow the Courses and Student Markets business as well as working across the company, supporting the wider THE team
- Managing the pipeline of work, monitoring and achieving operational and revenue targets
- Be “first point of contact” for big projects, winning and leading through costing, proposal writing, project management and delivering presentation/reports.
- Report to TKP’s Managing Director (who in turn reports to THE’s CEO)
- Support revenue generation with marketing plan and existing product plan (product pricing, product improvement) to increase sales, quality, efficiency and reduce costs.
- Member of SMT and contribute to decisions about business strategy and direction, building business plans and managing ad hoc (internal) projects as required to ensure best business practice.
- Jointly responsible for ensuring the company delivers excellent quality standards on all working practices of being in business (legal, HR, accounts, staff wellbeing, health and safety, CSR activity etc.).
- Work inclusively and collaboratively with our London division to maximise business opportunities, resources and staffing
Hours: Full time