Providing market intelligence at individual course level. Using criteria agreed with the client we evaluate a range of data to create a unique market analysis focused on a specific type or set of courses.
How could a Course Viability report help your organisation?
- Test a new course concept through market benchmarking, therefore reducing the risk of a wrong decision.
Inform target setting and identify competitors through assessing the intensity of competition and establishing how your course enrolment numbers compare.
Understand who you should be targeting (e.g. student domicile, academic quality/tariff), and how this varies by institution type (e.g. Russell Group, Modern post-1992).
- Optimise the choice of different course titles through measuring the relative performance of sub-categories within a course area (e.g. average cohort sizes on Environmental Management courses versus Environmental Science courses, proportion of students admitted to Film Studies versus Film Production courses).
- Ensure your analysis is based on latest market data through accessing information from our tuition fees course database.
The unique benefits
- Not constrained by JACS codes.
- Data is thoroughly cleaned and assessed for relevance, to ensure like-for-like programmes are compared.
- Integration with our Tuition Fee Benchmarking Tool of current courses.
- An experienced team used to working with HESA Student Record data, integrating other sources and writing detailed and informative reports.
£2,200 for a full report covering one level of study. This covers data extraction, cleaning, analysis and reporting.
Discounts will be applied for course areas with limited data.
The client provides information on the course area for analysis.
We assess whether sufficient secondary data exists for a full report to be produced.
Together we agree a list of key words/key word combinations to use for the data extraction.
The client is invited to nominate a list of up to ten competitor institutions for closer scrutiny.
For more information or to view a sample report, please contact Amy Ross in our Research Team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why The Knowledge Partnership?
Below are some recent testimonials we've received from our clients.
TKP’s reports are extremely thorough, squeezing amazing insights from the HESA dataset. They are the go-to resource for product development requests and market reviews.
Market Research Manager, Post-1992 institution.
These reports have allowed us to launch over 20 successful new programmes and avoid those the data told us would be challenging.
Student Recruitment Manager, London-based HEI.